- The Tropenmuseum is open: Tuesday to Sunday 10 AM – 5 PM
- Mondays on public holidays and school holidays (except the summer holidays): 10 AM – 5 PM.
On 24 and 31 December the museum is open to 3 PM.
The Tropenmuseum is closed on 30 April and December 25.
PLEASE NOTE: from 2 April, the Tropenmuseum will be less accessible due to renovation of the Mauritskade. There are some diversions in traffic and public transport. Read more about the renovation of the Mauritskade.
Build a full picture of the adventures explorers were having during colonial times. MyDestination Amsterdam
The Tropenmuseum is open on the following Mondays in 2013:
- 1 april (Easter Monday)
- 29 april (May holidays)
- 20 mei (Pentecost weekend)
- 1 juli (Keti Koti: emancipation of slavery in Suriname)
- 14 & 21 October (fall holidays)
- 23 & 30 December (christmas holidays)
An overview of the admission fees of the Tropenmuseum
This museum is an absolute must! Come and learn about the culture and history of peoples around the world. Trip Advisor
Address and access
Address: Linnaeusstraat 2, 1092 CK Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
Post: PO Box 95001, 1090 HA Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
The Tropenmuseum is in Amsterdam East, near Oosterpark and Artis. Since parking space is limited in the area, we advise you to come by public transport. Buses and trams stop close to the museum:
- tram 3 or 7: stop Linnaeusstraat
- tram 9: stop 1e v. Swindenstraat
- tram 10 or 14: stop Alexanderplein
- bus 22 : stop Muiderpoortstation (Please note: bus 22 has a new route, read more).
View the directions by public transport or car to the Tropenmuseum route to Tropenmuseum
While the museum provides an excellent survey of the history and culture of many peoples, it also examines the present day. Trip Advisor
- A valid entrance ticket is required to visit the Tropenmuseum restaurant and shop.
- Plan your visit to MixMax Brasil in Tropenmuseum Junior.
- Would you like to celebrate your birthday or have a company day out, conference or other group activity at the Tropenmuseum? See Group visits
- Also see: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)